Friday, December 12, 2008

TGIF and sunshine

So last night's WHIRLYBALL was amazing.  There was only one court, sadly, but the bumper cars ran at probably double the speed of the ones in Ohio. And, in order to score you actually had to hit the area in the middle of the backboard.   The highlights of the night were Sara Andreas blindly running into walls at breakneck speeds and our company manager Nathan Gehan getting so enfuriated that he started smackin' the side of his car with the stick.

Today, the monsoon rains let up and the sun came out.  With the sun came Ass. Dir. Marc Bruni straight from mounting a bazillion productions of WHITE XMAS!! He was watching understudy rehearsal today, and then the show tonite followed by a copious note session for an hour.

ALSO, i found out that Alex will be playing Margot all weekend. So, she will also be swung out tonite to watch some specifics. Therefor, Sara Andreas will be Kate/Chutney from tonite until we reach D.C.

And now i head to the evenings show, with a full blown headcold.  If only i can have a river of transparent slime oozing out of my nostrils during the entire beginning of WHIPPED INTO SHAPE like last night!!! I guess the first couple rows did pay a lil' extra for extreme closeups.  Be careful what you wish for!


1 comment:

DCDianna said...

Hey! Can't wait to see you guys in DC on Opening Night 12/16. I have never been to broadway so this is the next best thing! My husband is watching our son so I'm going by myself :(

As much as I love Becky G.. I am hoping that I see Rhiannon or Lauren as Elle (esp. Rhiannon) I think they are both amazing!!

Enjoy your DC stay.. and see all the museums you can and if you have questions about where to eat, what to see I'll be happy to help!!

~d