Wednesday, September 10, 2008

The Eagle has landed!!


So Providence is much nicer than i remembered......
After a 4 hour bus ride( with Musical Theatre Favs SUPERBAD & SINGING IN THE RAIN playing in either bus), we arrived in beautiful downtown Providence.
We jumped right into the fire.....and didnt get that badly burnt. 



Our first tech day started with some simple RULES OF THE ROAD, and then we were full on & full out. Mics, costumes & wigs(depending which ones we had) were in full operation.






And then plodding ahead like Lewis & Clark looking for the West Coast, it began. But, we only found the Midwest on Day 1 of OPERATION TECH. We actually almost finished WHAT YOU WANT--which surprised me. This would not have been possible with automated sets----so for that I am grateful.  But, I did have a small wager going with Josh Campbell on where we would get before the end of the night. And needless to say, I lost. OH, for those of you that dont know--usually in AEA( Actors Equity Association) productions, tech rehearsals run in a 10 out of 12 format. Definition: We work for 10 hours out of a 12 hour period--with breaks thrown in there for food and sanity. However, we are running on a schedule of 2-10:30 with a dinner break thrown in. So, I guess it might be called a 7outta8 1/2?
Either way.....Its a beautiful show and there are even some new costume pieces. 
I actually had a coconut bra and a grass skirt for the EXTREME sequence, before DJ Master Chad hits the rhymes, but i think the ShoutOut to SOUTH PACIFIC may get dwindled down.
I was able to get some rediculous pics and video amidst my homage to SPAMALOT(a.k.a. banging my coconuts like a horse trot), as I pranced around backstage.......so enjoy this wee bit of montage.  

I think my favorite quote of the day corresponds to this pic of the Naughty Nu's....
"Become one with your Amoeba Delta NuNess."


No comments: