Monday, September 22, 2008

PREVIEW Splendor

So enjoying my day off today, south of the booming COSTUME JEWELRY Capital of the world, I decided to write about last night. It also coincided with the moment I attempted to get into my cousins kayak and flipped that puppy while still in 3 feet of water. So now here i sit, semi drenched from salt water, and will belabour you with tales of things we like to call PREVIEWS. But for us, it is simply singular.

The Artistic Team graced us with not having to do a full run through yesterday, after we did a pseudo TWO runs the previous day. And with a photoshoot starting at noon, following SATURDAYS all day B-Roll/PHOTO shoot, we were glad. Oh so glad to enjoy the afternoon basking in some freakishly hot INDIAN SUMMER heat. It also involved some awesome healthy food and some indepth VINTAGE SHOPPING. If any of you know of great vintage places along our route, dont hesitate to point the way.

By the by....B-Roll is when video crews record performances/run thrus for promotional purposes. This can be used for commercials, background video during interviews, etc....

Last night we were ignited with energy as we eagerly waited to hear the response of our audience. Frankie had been a wee bit timid the last couple of days, and we thought he could still be an X factor but we were wrong. It all began with a wee rally circle with Jerry and the crew, and then Dr Mitchell warmed up the audience. And anyone who has heard Jerry talk OFF THE CUFF knows that he is the same with everybody. I wish i had video taped it, and I very well might tomorrow for Opening, but my favorite quote was when he told everybody to "Turn off your cellphones and vibrators." We all knew he meant things that vibrate, but you cant write that kind of comedy. The Rhode Islanders were primed, while certain mothers squirmed at the thought of explaining that one to little Betty Lou who was donning an all pink Ensemble(dont forget the French accent).

The show went great, spare a slight jumprope snafoo at the beginning, and the audience was great. The applause at the end of the LB Remix was ridiculous---causing Ken and Becky to hold extra long. I am not going to lie, it was slightly uncomfortable by the end. But hey, thats why we all love live theatre. Give the people what they want!

They were all on their feet, and we were more than happy to have a willing audience react to out schmackting across the stage. And by us on that one, I mean KIKI and myself. Well, perhaps the whirling dirvish Josh and Alex as well. Other than that, no schmackting.....though that is up for interpretation.

The kids at the stage door were hilarious. A few young fans decided to show Crystal JOY(Pilar) their BEND AND SNAP. The wee babe was nervous and shaky, and apparently she and her friend had worked it out so the other would give her a pen. I may stand aside after the show from now on and just record people. It will be STAGEDOOR confessionals.

Well, happy opening to all. Our costume folks all left already----so thanks to Greg, Skye, and Sophia----who all rocked serious socks off. And soon the bigwigs leave and we are left to Uncle Tom and Greg and Aunt Elle Woo (who is actually our ASM Sharon Del Pilar.)

Let me end with this back story......Tom Bartlett and Sharon Del Pilar were our SM staff on Hairspray in Vegas. Sharon used to dress up as Penny and call herself PENNY WOO PINGLETON. So, when i asked her if Penny WOO was coming on tour she said..."NO, she got departed back to Asia but her cousin ELLE WOO may be getting a visa and coming over." Wait for those pictures folks.......and last night i heard a dirty rumor that the tour is more or less sold out the second year except a week here or there and that TOKYO and TORONTO are being talked about. I hope you all have your passports ready!


OOH- one more thing. The previous picture of someone in the BROOKE outfit was Coleen and not Sara Andreas going on for her. Crap what were the other questions......Oh yes----yes we have the full bunny outfit. But, didnt get it until after I took the picture. And lastly, remind your parents to vote for change. Nuf said! (was that politically subliminal enough)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see this show on Thursday!! I have been waiting a long time and I can't believe that I will finally be seeing it live!!!

Anonymous said...

I cannot wait to see this show on Thursday!! I have been waiting a long time and I can't believe that I will finally be seeing it live!!!

Anonymous said...

i am so excited to see this show!!! I am finally going to be able to see it live. i have been watching the mtv taping on my dvr for the longest time, never thinking that i would ever get to see it. but now i get the chance!! I am seeing it tomorrow...so maybe I will be one of those people you see at the stage door!!!